Forsmark nuclear power plant
Forsmark nuclear power plant is one of the largest power plants in Sweden.
We are situated on the east coast, in the region of Uppland. Forsmark has three boiling water reactors that generate 20-25 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in a normal year. This is approximately one sixth of Sweden's total electrical energy consumption.
Forsmark guidelines due to covid-19
Forsmark follows Vattenfall and the authorities' guidelines, and works actively to limit the spread of the covid-19 corona virus. Actions are made to ensure our ability to safely produce electricity in both short and long term.
All employees and consultants must follow Forsmark and Vattenfall precautions and guidelines.
Requirements and guidelines for testing external personnel carrying out work at Ringhals & Forsmark's facilities:
Based on the requirements and recommendations issued by the government and the Public Health Agency of Sweden concerning entry into Sweden, Ringhals and Forsmark nuclear powerplants has decided that the following guidelines will apply until further notice:
These guidelines have been calibrated between Ringhals and Forsmark.
- External personnel who will be working at Ringhals and Forsmark’s plants and are arriving from another country must be able to present a negative COVID-19 test in accordance with an approved testing method when entering Sweden. Anyone coming into Sweden must be able to present a negative COVID-19 test taken no longer than 48 hours previously. This is a requirement from the government.
- External personnel who will be working at Ringhals and Forsmark’s plants, who are arriving from another country and are permitted to work at the plant must take a new COVID-19 test in accordance with an approved testing method 5 days after arriving in the country. Random samples may be taken afterwards.
- External personnel who will be working at Ringhals and Forsmark’s plants must be able to present a certificate of complete COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test in accordance with an approved test method upon entry to the plant. The test must not be
taken more than 48 hours previously.
- External personnel who are not arriving from another country and who are permitted to work at Ringhals and Forsmark must take a new COVID-19 test in accordance with an approved testing method 4-6 days after arrival at the plant. Random samples may be taken
afterwards. Point 4 does not apply to personnel who can present a full COVID-19 vaccinationcertificate.
- Exemptions from current guidelines can only be granted by the CEO/deputy CEO.
Study visits and guided tours are canceled until further notice.
Forsmark is the most recently built nuclear power plant in Sweden. The three reactors were all commissioned between 1980 and 1985.
Forsmark 1: Coast down pending scheduled outage.
Forsmark 2: Normal operation.
Forsmark 3: Normal operation.
This indicates current operation and production at Forsmark. The chart is regularly updated with current operational data, see time indication. The text is updated during office hours. During normal operation, temporary adjustments of power can be made depending on demand of electricity.
Contractors and consultants
Agreements and requirements
Read and download PAKT documents, requirements for electrical equipment and agreements that apply to contractors at Forsmark.