Forsmark nuclear power plant
Forsmark nuclear power plant is one of the largest power plants in Sweden.
We are situated on the east coast, in the region of Uppland. Forsmark has three boiling water reactors that generate 20-25 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in a normal year. This is approximately one sixth of Sweden's total electrical energy consumption.
Forsmark guidelines due to covid-19
Ringhals follows Vattenfall and the authorities' guidelines, and works actively to limit the spread of the covid-19 corona virus. Actions are made to ensure our ability to safely produce electricity in both short and long term.
All employees and consultants must follow Ringhals and Vattenfall precautions and guidelines.
Requirements and guidelines for testing external personnel carrying out work at Ringhals & Forsmark's facilities:
Based on the requirements and recommendations issued by the government and the Public Health Agency of Sweden concerning entry into Sweden, Ringhals and Forsmark nuclear powerplants has decided that the following guidelines will apply until further notice:
These guidelines have been calibrated between Ringhals and Forsmark.
- External personnel coming to work at Ringhals & Forsmark’s facilities must be able to show a negative COVID-19 test according to an approved testing method upon entry into Sweden. The test result must not be older than 48 hours on arrival. This is a requirement from the government.
- External personnel coming to work at Ringhals & Forsmark’s facilities and who come from another country and are permitted to work at Ringhals & Forsmark will take a new COVID-19 test 5 days after arrival in the country according to an approved test method. Stochastic sampling may then take place.
- External personnel coming to work at Ringhals & Forsmark’s facilities must be able to present a negative COVID-19 test according to an approved test method upon arrival at the facility. The test must be taken no more than 48 hours before work commences.
- External personnel who are not entering from another country and are permitted to work at Ringhals & Forsmark must take a new COVID-19 test 4-6 days after arrival at the facility according to an approved test method. Stochastic sampling may then take place.
- Exemptions from current guidelines can only be granted by the CEO/deputy CEO.
Study visits and guided tours are canceled until further notice.
Forsmark is the most recently built nuclear power plant in Sweden. The three reactors were all commissioned between 1980 and 1985.
Forsmark 1: Normal operation.
Forsmark 2: Coast down in progress pending scheduled outage.
Forsmark 3: Normal operation.
This indicates current operation and production at Forsmark. The chart is regularly updated with current operational data, see time indication. The text is updated during office hours. During normal operation, temporary adjustments of power can be made depending on demand of electricity.
Contractors and consultants
Agreements and requirements
Read and download PAKT documents, requirements for electrical equipment and agreements that apply to contractors at Forsmark.