What are the participation criteria?A:
To participate in the Sustainability Challenge, you should have experience and positive references in sustainability projects.
Whether you are a start-up, an artist or designer – your solution must have a visible or visualised impact with a clear message for inhabitants and visitors in order to entice their ecological behaviour and awareness.
The following criteria are not essential but will increase the final scoring of the applications:
- High level of aesthetics and design
- Flexibility of implementation and integration
- Interactive and user engaging solution
- No (or low) maintenance costs
- Highly innovative solution (product or service)
- Measurable climate impact (e.g., CO2 emissions reduction, energy savings, water savings, waste reduction etc.)
- Measurable improvement of long-term economics of the building (e.g. through above mentioned savings)
- Technological and commercial scalability of the solution