Financial highlights, January-June 2021
- Net sales increased by 1% (5% excluding currency effects) to SEK 80,465 million (79,440)
- Underlying operating profit of SEK 17,308 million (12,982)
- Operating profit of SEK 29,595 million (5,287)
- Profit for the period of SEK 23,635 million (-1,594)
Financial highlights, April-June 2021
- Net sales increased by 10% (14% excluding currency effects) to SEK 34,554 million (31,280)
- Underlying operating profit of SEK 5,256 million (2,792)
- Operating profit of SEK 16,210 million (-7,027)
- Profit for the period of SEK 13,212 million (-8 495)
Business highlights, April-June 2021
- Agreement on sale of 49.5% of the Hollandse Kust Zuid offshore wind farm
- Approval by Germany’s Bundestag of compensation for nuclear plant closures which affected results in the second quarter by SEK 11.1 billion
- Decision by Swedish Parliament on special investment scope for electricity grid investments
Important events after the balance sheet date
- Sale of electricity distribution business Stromnetz Berlin completed on 1 July. The purchase price was EUR 2.1 billion and the transaction will impact the results in the third quarter
The complete interim report and presentation images are available on group.vattenfall.com.
At a live audiocast at 09.30 CEST Vattenfall’s President and CEO Anna Borg and CFO Kerstin Ahlfont will present the results together with Head of Strategic Development Andreas Regnell.
The audiocast can be found at Audiocast - Vattenfall interim report January - June 2021 and can also be attended by phoning +46 (0)8 505 100 31.
Vattenfall AB is obliged to disclose information of this nature under the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication on 20 July 2021 at 08:00 am CEST by the following contact persons.
For more information, contact:
Johan Sahlqvist, Head of Group Control & Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 739 72 51, +46 (0)72 226 40 51
Henrik Svensson, Press Officer, +46 (0)70 271 11 32
Vattenfall's Press Office, +46 87 39 50 10, firstname.lastname@example.org