Vattenfall in brief
Fossil free living within one generation
Vattenfall is a leading European energy company with approximately 20,000 employees. For more than 100 years we have powered industries, supplied energy to people's homes and modernised the way our customers live through innovation and cooperation.
We now want to make fossil free living possible within one generation. Therefore we are driving the transition to a more sustainable energy system through growth in renewable production and climate smart energy solutions for our customers.
Interim report January–March 2019
Business highlights, January–March 2019
- Major disruptions after the storm “Alfrida” with related costs of SEK 850 million
- Decrease in generation partly owing to lower generation at Ringhals 2, where a generator is being replaced
- Acquisition of sales company DELTA Energie in the Netherlands
- Production at the coal-fired Hemweg 8 power plant in the Netherlands to end by year-end 2019
- Commissioning of 170 MW wind power and 6 MW solar power
- Participation in tender for Hollandse Kust Zuid 3 & 4 in the Netherlands and for a project in Dunkirk, France
- City of Berlin intends to grant concession for electricity distribution to Berlin Energie
Financial highlights, January–March 2019
- Net sales increased by 13% (10% excluding currency effects) to SEK 49,552 million (43,860)
- Underlying operating profit 1 of SEK 9,673 million (9,359)
- Operating profit 1 of SEK 8,168 million (6,975)
- Profit for the period of SEK 6,420 million (4,158)
Report and presentation
At Vattenfall we exist to help our customers power their lives in ever climate smarter ways.