Vattenfall's position papers reflect our opinion on various energy and climate topics.
We believe that:
- Electrification is fundamental to achieving the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement. Therefore, we support a healthy investment environment and regulatory frameworks that promote electrification technologies.
- A mix of different fossil-free technologies is vital for a secure and stable energy supply.
- Increased security of Europe’s energy infrastructure, both digitally and physically, is necessary to ensure that all citizens in Europe have a safe and consistent supply of energy.
- Public engagement and participation are essential to facilitate a fair and fast energy transition.
- Innovation is integral to the energy transition. This is why we support legislation that enables the acceleration of key fossil-free solutions, and why we collaborate with innovators in hard-to-abate sectors.
- Market-orientated solutions and a high price on carbon deliver the most clean and cost-efficient energy system. Therefore, the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) is, and should remain, the main driver for fossil-free living for all people in Europe.
Further details on Vattenfall’s views are available in our position papers below.