Vattenfall consists of six Business Areas organised in five operating segments:
- Operating Segment and Business Area Heat
- Operating Segment and Business Area Customers & Solutions
- Operating Segment and Business Area Wind
- Operating Segment Power Generation consisting of Business Area Generation and Business Area Markets and
- Operating Segment and Business Area Distribution.
The Electricity Distribution Operators are legally unbundled and separated from Vattenfall’s other operations.
Read more about the business areas below.
Centralised Staff functions are supporting and steering the business:
- Staff Function CFO functions
- Staff Function Strategic Development
- Staff Function Communications
- Staff Function Legal/CEO Office and
- Staff Function Human Resources.
The CEO, Anna Borg, is responsible towards the Board for the operations of Vattenfall. Subsequently, the CEO has delegated various responsibilities to the Heads of the Business Areas and the Heads of the Corporate Staff functions.
Customers & Solutions
The Customers & Solutions Business Area is responsible for sales of electricity, gas and energy services in all of Vattenfall’s markets.
Power Generation comprises the Generation and Markets Business Areas. The segment includes Vattenfall’s hydro and nuclear power operations, maintenance services business, and optimisation and trading operations including certain large business customers.
The Wind Business Area is responsible for development, construction and operation of Vattenfall’s wind farms as well as large-scale and decentralised solar power and batteries.
The Heat Business Area comprises Vattenfall’s heat operations including sales, decentralised solutions and gas- and coal-fired condensing.
The Distribution Business Area comprises Vattenfall's electricity distribution operations in Sweden, Germany (Berlin) and the UK.